AOX measures the organic halogen load such as soil from a land fill, water or sewage waste. The procedure measures chlorine, bromine and iodine.
This Skalar SP2000 robotic platform automates the pre-treatment of samples for AOX analysis. The automated procedure includes (de)-capping of glass bottles, sample dilution, sample distribution, sample mixing at varying speeds, reagent addition (including acids), active cooling of the samples and accurate dispensing at a precise speed rate.
Summary of the automated procedure:
- The light sensitive samples arrive in dark glass collection bottles.
- These bottles can be loaded directly on to the analyzer in a compartment where they are actively cooled.
- A special gripper for glass stoppers de-caps the bottle.
- The sample is mixed thoroughly before pick-up and is diluted according to specifications and the acids HNO3 and NaNO3 are added.
- The samples are mixed, firstly at high speed and then at low speed during pick-up.
- Six samples can be picked-up at the same time.
- Samples are dispensed into the cartridges at a controlled rate of 3 ml/min.
The full movie can be watched on vimeo or our in our products section - robotic analyzers of the website
Also looking for a solution to speed up and enhance your sample preparation procedures? Besides that, also to increase greatly your accuracy, reproducibility and productivity? Please contact us